Hey All
Last semesters prayer week was a real battle of my emotions, and giving them over to God. It was a heart wrenching and life changing experience in that room. I spent many hours crying and yelling to God in frustration why things were so hard and why I hurt so much. God really taught me what it was to persevering through trials and consequences. To really give my all to him. Like James says perseverance has to run its full course for maturity to happen.
It has come to a very strange conclusion for me this past time of prayer in the prayer room. I am one who always has something on my mind, and never gets a rest from it. I think when I don't want to be thinking and my mind constantly processes things whatever the situation is. This week though it was so weird. I actually had nothing to think about or coming into my mind. Like I felt like there was something wrong with me, not having something to think on or of. My mind was at peace and it freaked me out! I don't recall a time I have had that before and I personally just couldn't comprehend the feeling.
Because of this peace that overwhelmed me I found myself getting extensive amounts of rest. Not just sleep but just sitting and listening to my audio bible through my headphones. As well I did fall asleep for 4 hours on the floor of the prayer room. Many of the guys tried to wake me but it was pointless, cause I was at such a peace that nobody could wake me up. Not that a deep sleep is rare for me, but just having the peace and comfort to lay out and sleep like that. It was probably some of the best rest I have gotten in a long time while being here at Kaleo.
God Bless
Aaron
A Week At Qwanoes
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment