Saturday, January 17, 2009

Good for the most part =P


Hey All

This past week the K group spent our time on the slopes of Mt. Washington. The condo was amazing as was the weather during the week. While all of you were down here in the cold fog, we had dazzling sunshine and positive 10 weather. We had some of the best air conditions I have ever experienced at Washington in my 10 years of going to that mountain.
The big bummer was the amount of snow that was up there. We basically had as much snow down here as they had up there. The runs were very icy and hard packed snow, making it very painful for falling on our bums. Luckily I have already been through that stage in my boarding career, so my bum was fine. It sure took its tole on the newbies though.
The trip was a lot of fun but definitely left its mark on kaleo. We had after the first two days, Jamie and Malayne in casts from broken wrists and Debra Suffering from a pretty bad concussion. I almost made it without incident, but my luck with injury never fails me. The last day I was doing some tricks in the turrain park. I launced myself off a jump and pulled a nice front toe grab. the problem is when I landed my back end hit first, smacking my front end down on the snow. My hand was still attatched to that front end of the board. Hands dont slide when pinned to the snow too well, but the blade of me snowboard didnt simpathise too much and proceeded to sice half of my pinkie off. The only thing holding it on was what was left of my glove and my figernail.

So overall it was a fun eventful week up at the mountain =s

God Bless
Aaron

No comments: