Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hey All

So when I was thinking what I would share with you this past week, I really didn't know what I wanted to share. When I first looked at it not a whole lot did happen besides everyone was doing a whole lot of homework. The K group hasn't gone on any new extreme adventures in the past while, so things may not seem to exciting. But when I look back on this past little while there still has been a fair amount going on.
In the subtle going about's of this past week I did see a lot happening. Not in just my life but that of the others around me. Lets see, well to start with some of the things the others have been up to, the guys have been struggling to get a lot of their work done and even in the midst of this stress it has been a great opportunity for me to teach and help out. I have been able to go around and aid the other Kaleo in their papers and assignments having finished mine earlier. It was really good being able to share with them and to give them ideas to start them off when they have been frustrated and stumped. It has also encouraged me in not just my own paper but then to look more into the others papers and their perspectives that come out in them. It is good to feel needed and when people apricate your help. I love to give it, even if Im not a all star paper writer.
As well We had a Baptism this past week, actually yesterday. Two Baptisms at that! Shannon and her Fionce John got Baptised together down here at the Qwanoes beach. I have to say they are very commited to get Baptised in that near freezing water, as well as near freezing conditions outside. All of us around were watching and listening while trying to bite back the cold. We were all bundled up too and them in nothing but their wet suites and tshirts.
It was really awesome to hear the testamonies of the two, Shannon and John. It was the second time for us Kaleo to hear Shannons but that didn't take away any of the significancy of it. While hearing Johns testamony for the very first time was really amazing and a look into the life he used to live and now how much he has changed and grown just in this short period of time. I love to see the two of them together in such a way proclaiming together their faith in Christ. It really encourages me.
I for one have been thinking about Baptism for a long time. Anyone who knows me would already know my confession to living for Christ and I hope would keep me accountable to that. But even with that I look to one day in the near future to get Baptised in a public confession infront of not just family and friends but anyone who cares to be a witness to that. I don't know when I will do this but I have a feeling it will be soon... maybe not in this year of Kaleo, maybe not even in this year at Imadene, but I think some time back at home. Back at home. I want to do it when God is calling me to do it, right now just doesn't seem to be the time. I will keep you all posted when it will go down though! And it will go down.

Right now I just want to ask for everyone's prayer according to the missins trips that will be happening with the K group starting in a week from now. For money, for those who are still cutting close to the funds they need. For nerve of those who don't know if they are ready for this cultural clash, or how they will react in it. For health and wellness of those who arn't physically quite where they want to be, especially Tom for his leg and that God will use us how we come. God uses the weak of this world and the insignificant to show his wonder.

Thanks for reading
God Bless
Aaron Denninger

No comments: